Today’s Kona Cotton color of the Day is Honey Dew and honestly, I really think the picture doesn’t do it enough justice. It’s a bright happy green! And it has been a popular color for our shop, especially for borders and backings. It’s just a happy color. And definitely one that would pair well with these other Kona cotton colors:
Somehow again we come to the subject of food. But instead of digressing into another discussion about food which will make me hungry… let’s digest (yep. could NOT be avoided.) some more fun facts.
Some really fun facts about melons (honeydew to be precise):
- The honeydew is the third most popular melon behind the cantaloupe and watermelon.
- Melons are related to squash and cucumbers.
- The honeydew is the sweetest of all the melons even beating out the watermelon for sweetness.
- The honeydew turns a pale green when ripe.
- And, get this, most melons originated in the middle east.
Enough about food now. What would YOU pair with this color? Let us know in the comments below!