Today’s Kona Cotton color of the day is Zucchini. I know. Me too. It’s making me hungry. I shouldn’t be hungry though, because I’ve just had lunch.
So Zucchini is kind of a strange cross between green, brown and yellow. Judging by the picture… it’s kind of hard to determine where it falls until you see it beside a pure color. So for argument’s sake, we will go with a yellowish beige.
Oh and the recipe for Stuffed Zucchini Boats? See it below. You’ll love the recipe.
STUFFED ZUCCHINI BOATS
- Zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and hollowed out
- Marinara sauce
- Shredded mozzarella
- Grated Parmesan (optional)
- Bread crumbs (optional)
- Ground Meatless, like Trader Joe’s Beef-less
- Garlic and Onions
- Lay out the zucchini in a baking dish, hollowed side up
- Sprinkle the zucchini’s with a little olive oil and Italian seasonings
- Make a meatless sauce by browning the meatless with garlic and onions, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spoon the meatless sauce into the zucchinis and top with a sprinkling of shredded mozzarella
- Sprinkle a little Grated Parmesan or Bread crumbs on top (optional)
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until the zucchinis are tender.
And now onto the quilt of the hour….day….whatever….
This quilt is Paint Drip by Erica Jackman of Kitchen Table Quilting. It’s a throw-size quilt, approximately 56″ X 69″ and features our color – Zucchini. Make it. You’ll love it. Easy peasy.
Get yourself some of this loveliness today! Time is running out on our long-arming special this month! First quilts are 50% off! Call us today to get yours in the line-up!
What’s on your cutting table this week?